View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 01:24 PM

Default New to GasGas -- 2013 XC 300

Hi Everyone,

I drove to Dallas yesterday and picked up a 2013 GasGas XC 300 E from KTM of North Texas. I sold my 2008 KTM 300 XC when I moved to Texas from Idaho in May 2014. Turns out I can't really live without a bike. I have been intrigued by Gasers for a couple of years, and figured I'd give one a try, since I found a sweet deal on one.

I know very little about GasGas, and I didn't even have time to talk to the dealer about it because I showed up 15 minutes before closing time to buy the bike. I am looking for tips & tricks from the GasGas community.

Questions:
  • Is there anything I need to watch out for as I ride this bike?
  • Is there any good/quick places online to order parts?
  • Gas/Oil recommendations?
  • Jetting tips?
  • Must have aftermarket goodies?
  • Anything else?

Where to Ride?

I am moving to Wichita, KS next week and need to find places to ride.
  • I hear the Hare Scrambles are fun in KS
  • Is there anywhere I can take my bike near Wichita to quickly ride while I dial in the jetting, suspension, etc?
  • I don't know anyone in the Wichita area, so if there is anyone out there that needs a riding buddy, give me a shout.

The bike I bought yesterday is in awesome condition. I can not wait to get on it and ride. Like every used bike I have purchased, there are little things that are missing:
  • The side stand was removed by the original owner and then not included when the bike was traded in. Is there a good way to get the side stand replaced? Maybe an aftermarket option?
  • The key to the steering lock is missing. I never anticipate using it, but I would like to have it just in case. Any ideas on getting a new key?

Anyway, I look forward to learning about my new bike and look forward to interacting with this community!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0546small.jpg (116.0 KB, 52 views)

Current:
-2013 GasGas XC 300 E

Previous
-2008 KTM 300 XC
-2001 KTM 300 MXC
-2001 Suzuki DRZ400