Thread: The Fleet
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 10:08 AM

So quick update. Did a kx fork swap on this. Used '92 KX250 forks. Swap right in the existing triples. New wheel bearing and using the kx front wheel as well. Had the forks serviced and bushings done at my local suspension guy. He does a great job.

We've done a bunch of dual sporting together and its been great fun.

There are some ongoing issues that are nagging me. Nothing major, but need attention. The timing chain is making noise. I measured according to the manual and it's out of spec. So I ordered a new chain and OEM tensioner. Also throwing a piston in. No telling how many hours are on this one.

The new forks are anodized blue and the frame is purple with old graphics and a yamaha seat cover. Also the previous owner welded the exhaust to the frame. Stupid. So I'll be fixing this and putting a new slip-on on.

Painting the frame black and going with newer graphics and a black gripper seat cover.

So time for an update. I didn't get a chance to do anything to the motor on this. Just adjusted valves and jetted the carb. Engine makes a little noise. Timing chain is out of spec and compression is a little low. Also my 17 year old son didn't like the purple.

I left for a work trip with him getting started.

The previous owner did a crappy job on some things. The exhaust was falling off and breaking so he tried welding it on.

I've got a "new-to-me" White Brothers pipe to go on that looks great. Getting rid of the old heavy mega bomb.

Getting real. Frame welding and painting to come. Updated graphics as well.

More to come.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife