View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 02:14 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by celler View Post
I personally think this was smart to do it this way. It lets them leverage a lot of previous know how and testing on a chassis that is quite good. Parts are already in production so many steps of development could be fast tracked. This gives them time to perfect the motor that they know well and suspension tuned for the correct audience. I'm not a current KTM owner but do ride with many friends who really like the new chassis. I'm not promoting KTM but congratulating the GasGas development team for using a lot of common sense and making the development less risky. As big as KTM is they came out with some good innovations on the 2017 but they also really screwed up parts of it. It is really hard to completely change every part on a bike rapidly. GasGas had limited time and needed to focus to succeed.
After the 2017 ktm jetting issues (seem to be lots of people wh are battling to get the mikuns jetted properly) and other reports i have seen of guys complaining that the workmanship and parts have dropped in standard (possibly in search of dropping a few grams) it seems like there are a few riders looking at other brands, sherco, beta and gas gas are mentioned, unfortunately GG has to work harder to move away from their recent history, but fitting kyb's is a great start as you know you will not need to depend solely on dealers for parts/servicing so it is one less worry regarding another bankruptcy