View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGM_OFFROAD View Post
I disagree with that, my throttle response is almost electric and don't feel I gave up any power, it is more linear for the most part but doesn't feel any weaker at all. I honestly think it depends on how you have it adjusted. It is a set it and forget it carb but you still have to set it and their stock settings don't always work the best for some people.
All I can tell you is that between both of my 250's the one with the PWK would pull the front wheel with ease and was explosive once in the power band. The Lectron bike I have to work to get the front up and, yes, the power may actually be the same but it sure doesn't act like it. I do believe my Lectron needs more tuning as Rick admits he likes his bikes running fat when I bought it from him. I was still trying to get it tuned more to my liking when I had my accident so I haven't been back to it yet.

You saying it is almost electric demonstrates my point on throttle response. A properly tuned PWK is instant snap whereas the Lectron is softer. You can argue about which throttle response type is better but there is no argument on which gives actual better throttle response.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220