View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Well, keep us posted after your tests. I have a high LDL, as does my brother and did my father. Both of our HDLs are very high, and triglycerides low. No heart disease history. Drug happy doc wants to load me up with Lipitor which I refused. Like a shotgun to the liver.
Eat a serving of raw almonds (~30) per day. This and white fish helps significantly reduce the bad cholesterol. I also cut down on cheese and other dairy products and knocked about 40 points off my bad cholesterol. Exercise increases the good stuff, so I went from 220 total to about 150-160 total cholesterol. My doctor is not drug happy, and she suggested I modify my diet instead of drugs. And here I am now, eating one serving of raw almonds per day and doing great.

I also recently lost 20lbs, but I didn't have any symptoms other than being big and sweaty. I cut my food intake and increased my activity (fad diet, I know!) and dropped about 5 inches off my waist and 20 lbs from my frame. Doing great, still feel good, but I hate having to buy a completely new wardrobe. That sucks, having to go shopping and spend money.

Good luck to everyone on their way to good health, it is absolutely worth it. Off to the gym I go!