View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGRider01 View Post
Bogging is lean, sputtering is rich. It's gotta be only one. I'm going to assume you're rich so drop the needle first, to #2 clip (2nd from top).

General consensus is to drop needle first. When you run out of adjustment on the needle then change the main jet. If #2 doesn't work, put it in #1. If that doesn't work, then drop the main jet and start back in #3 clip position on the needle.

Just curious, how long did you run it for?
I put the #180 in and BR8 plug, warmed it up for around 3-5 minutes and then had a 5~ minute ride that was mostly 3rd/4th gear high RPM as the powerband is what I was mainly focused on.

The plug came out a nice tanish colour but I would say more white than tan which was making me think it was lean? I thought rich would make the plug a bit more black/brown but I don't know much.

I am also using it tomorrow for much longer where I plan to play about a bit more. Is it possible it could be my throttle needle? I notice I am using a needle that a lot of people couldn't get a long with, don't want to mess about with everything if I am just running a crappy needle.