View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
It depends on how much you are going to ride it. You might just need to clean and regrease a lot of your suspension and swing arm bearings and just add new seals.A lot of the GasGas parts are very durable, the cylinders are very tough and wossner make a forged piston kit. An exception is usually the steering head bearings are just toast. Parts are available now in North America but they are very overpriced. I am still riding my 2011 300 without any problems and the bottom end and crank have never been apart.
Funny you say that. Looking at moving to the deep south very soon, and with the exception of cross country and enduro races, it may be a bit much for the motocross tracks and flat quad trails near where I am moving. I have no reason to believe that it needs anything more than a fresh top end, suspension rebuild/re-spring, wheels, rubber parts, plastics, and some new bearings... but to do all that and re-pack the exhaust, I may as well tear it all the way apart and make it look as pretty as it runs again...

Wheels are discouraging me, 2 months ago I found new Warp 9s complete in red/black for a good price at Rocky Mountain ATV, and now they list nothing for my bike. Anything on Marzochi forks seems to be hard to find as well...