View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 06:15 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Anyway, after an eternity, we made it to the junction with trail 270 and bombed that back to where we started. I was completely spent by the time we made it down, which sucked as hitting 270 at speed is a blast. Dru was kind enough to stop at one of the water crossings and shoot a few pics - cool place for a photo.

My mileage calculations were off by about 5 miles, which doesn't really sound like much until you realize reserve on a dirt bike doesn't really make it that far...LOL. Jim ran out of gas 2 miles from camp - guess he was harder on the throttle than I was as I coasted in without issue...lol. A quick fill of an empty Gatorade bottle and he was back in business.

We took another dip in the lake and then commenced the last night of camping and kicking back. It was my turn to suffer through an OE and that I did, just glad I didn't try to tackle 2 of 'em...lol. It was an awesome evening and we hung out with a couple other dirt bikers that had come up to ride as well as some of the other guys camping around the lake. Good group of folks that were in their 12th year of hitting Council lake for their annual weekend of fishing and drinking.

I need to check my GPS logs, but I think we managed 160ish miles of riding. Easily the best dirt biking adventure of the year and I cannot wait to go back next year. I know we hooked Jim to come again, so the rest of you get your brains wrapped around the idea of a long Giff weekend trip sometime next July

As usual, lots of video to come. I recorded way too much and only plan to post some of the new trails we hit, as well as a great vid of Dru chasing CR - much faster than me...lol.