View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit9 View Post
Awesome thread idea.

I usually bounce back and forth b/t riding/racing and Amateur Tour golf (was 7 hdcp). Although since my crash where I broke my tail bone riding a few years ago, the golf hasn't been enjoyable. The upper body turning against the lower body is not good for me anymore. Lots of nerve damage that can't be repaired. Haven't played since July and I don't have any plans to. I'm pretty bummed about it bc I miss my golf buddies. Luckily, riding the bike doesn't hurt as much.

Recently, coming up with a new business idea has been my main hobby. That and hanging out my 6 yr old son. He has been riding a lot on his 50. I have a decent track I laid out in our yard. Made a little small table top jump and mini whoop section. Ha.

Also, I had a some serious health issues (big time cancer scare and pre diabetic) last year that has me spending time working out. It is a hobby just trying to eat right and excercise.
Glad you liked the thread idea I hoped it might spark some interest.

A real Golfer amongst us Bandit - nice I played Professionally for 15+ years up until 2008, and then as an Amateur afterwards in some big events, playing off a UK handicap of +2 for 3 years or so. Then i kinda got out of the groove / habit of playing for a while and havn't touched a club for nearly 3 years. Havn't got the itch either as yet.

Back problems of any sort and golf dont mix im afraid as you well know. If your really enjoying them.....stick to the bikes. And the kids of course !

Amongst other things i also collect one type of golf 'memorabilia' in a pretty big way, but im not sure anyone on this type of forum would be that interested in pics of that.