View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 04:24 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchman45 View Post
Absolutely not...the tx without fuel ..ready to ride will weigh right at 219..give or take a pound and the gas gas xc 2018 will weigh 232 give or take a pound...these are facts and can be found rather easily..now add the game changer counter balancer...huge huge...the tx may cost more and u will be hard pressed to find a carryover.. I'm not dishing the gassers 2018 which basically has a 2015 ktmish frame..between a beta and gasser id take the gas gas.. the weight needs to drop..from what I understand most of the weight difference is in the engine...the gas gas uses old heavy casting methods and the ktm/husky uses state of the art methods for reducing weight...it is simple I'm sure the r and d team at ktm has much much more funds available...but on topic..yes the 13 is a pig and even without electric start is heavier then a 450 electric start ktm...however I think if titled would make a great dual sport bike! The 18s are at least in the hunt and although a tish heavy sound to have nice suspension etc...i can't wait.to ride one!
Bull sonny. I own an 18 GasGas and ride with guys on 18 KTM's and Husky's... It weighs a lot more than that. Check out the ACTUAL weight on that TX. Not what the brochure says. They both come in right about 250 full of fuel ready to ride with basic bush protection items (fullwrap handguards, skidplate, radguards)
And thats an actual proven fact. Not something the salesman told me, or I read in a brochure.
I gave my Gasser to a Husqvarna sponsored rider who is given free bikes by Husky. His was blown away by how good the 18 Gasser is. Said the suspension is the best he's ever ridden out of the box. And felt it was a much more stable front end than his Husky. And thats coming from a brand sponsored rider.
I've ridden both bikes as well, also ridden the beta, and the TM's for '18.. Out of all of them I was glad that I still liked my Gasser the best. Not trying to come across as a brand fanboy. But I haven't given my bike to one KTM guy who got off it and said he preferred his orange bike. I ain't the fastest guy out there. But I do ok for myself... Glad you love the Husky. Its a good bike. But your weight numbers are out to lunch man. Sorry.