View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

To sum it up, the 250 is the weapon for fast, aggressive trail riding or racing. The 300 is good for lugging around and has the low end to get you out of trouble or for long climbs in the mountains at high elevations. I found Jim Cook's 3 hunny to be quite "jumpy' at low throttle settings (Rainy mode, none the less) in tight and technical situations which required me to take my focus off the trail and place my focus on the throttle position. Not conducive to getting it on when doing hand to hand combat with trees in a test section. For me, that is.

Now, I'm not saying you can't race the 3 hunny and be aggressive. Plenty of folks prove this at every Enduro around the world on a weekly basis. You just have to be more "aware" of throttle control. The 250 lets you get away with more in "less sh!t and mo' get" situations.

Therefore, I find the 250 to suit my style. Just a pop of the clutch away from all the power I'll need in any given situation. Once properly geared and jetted, that is.

The really cool thing about these two bikes is that if you buy one or the other, all it takes is a wad of cash and you can make it a 300 or a 250. Just buy a jug and top end. So you really can't make a bad purchase.

Who the hell is Troy Huff anyway????

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F