View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 09:50 PM

Default Ridiculous Newb Question

Guys,

First time post and it's a ridiculous question so I expect an appropriate amount of abuse!

Basically, how do I start my 2011 EC300? I've had it since last August and it started and ran pretty well a couple times but then it quit starting and I can't figure out why.

Fuel injection has spoiled me and I've gotten soft since my previous bike was press and play but this one is killing my battery and my kicking foot just trying to get it started.

So, what is the procedure? I have been pulling the enrichment knob, cracking the throttle a little and pressing the starter. I get a couple puts and then the starter gear disengages. This goes on for about 30 tries and then the battery is too weak to keep going. Then I switch to the kick starter and that goes on until my foot is throbbing.

I have fresh gas and a new spark plug (verified spark) but it won't so much as putt like it wants to start. How do I verify that fuel is getting into the carb? I did pull the fuel inlet line and gas comes out so I know it's getting that far but I'm not sure about the rest of the carb.

All I can guess at this point is that the float is stuck shut or I'm simply not following the correct starting procedure.

Thanks for the help!

-Evan