View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
Ok so I'm going in again, this time a mate's 2010 his marzocs are eating seals. It will fall on me to do everything so I want the laziest solution but still give him good forks, he loves mine.
He measured his forks and got 59mm lower clamp 56mm upper. Just like my 2006 YZ250 forks. Your chart indicated they should be 54mm. Should I go measure to be sure?

YZF450 seem most common over here for spares. The -3 lug if we go 08,09, Should be ok on the 10 do we now think? Do we need WR axle or mod YZF?
Cheers.
I wouldn't decrease offset at all on the 2011 and earlier chassis. The change was noticeable on the 2013... Sure it adds some straight line stability, but what you notice most is the tip in effect. Takes a bit more input to initiate a turn but once it starts tipping it continues to follow itself quickly. Like a spinning shopping trolley! I think the short nimble 2011/10 might be too sensitive to such a change.

I believe the 46mm OC Zokes used an even smaller triple clamp than the 48mm Sachs/PFP Zoke. I'm sure I recall reading threads on people considering milling them out.

My guess is that your mate has tried to measure the ID of the clamp with the fork out and bolts backed off. Could see how that would get a few mm variance. I threw a set of calipers straight onto the fork tube... and can double check those measurements again for you if required (although my KYBs have just moved on, I have a new set on the new bike).