View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 05:38 AM

Hi,
Here are my best settings with the stock valving.
Trouble is, each track needs it's own setting, and if it's dry and grippy or slow and slippery the clicks differ a lot. I'm about to start messing with revalving to see if the suspension can better stay up in the stroke, feel firmer overall but be ready to soak up big roots and rocks better.

Weight of Rider = 190 nekkid
Year of bike = 2007
Type of bike = EC300
Type of Forks = Zook 45's
Type of Shock = Sachs
Fork spring rate = .45 (up from .42 stock)
Shock spring rate = 5.2 (stock)

Bike and Rider Sag Settings:
Front bike sag (without rider) = ?
Front rider sag = ?
Rear bike sag (without rider) = prolly 2cm
Rear rider sag = 100mm (tried 105, sorry but it understeers terribly)

All Clicker settings are from fully wound clockwise...
Fork rebound clicker = 12
Fork Compression clicker = 15 (wet/slow/big rocks), 14 (dry/big rocks), 13 (dry/whoops), 8 (MX)
Fork/Shock Valving (Stock or Revalved) = stock
Shock (high speed..outer dial) setting = 1.5
Shock (low speed ..inner screw) setting = 9 (wet/slow/big rocks), 8 (dry/big rocks), 8 (dry/whoops), 3 (MX)
Shock rebound( linkage screw) setting = 20

Fork oil weight and brand (if known) = 5W Shell
Fork oil air gap( to top of fork) = 140mm
New or old oil (recently changed??) = new. Change about each 2 months.

Results :
Type of riding you do = 1st/2nd snot/slow rocks & roots, 2nd/3rd/4th dry rocks & sandy whoops, sandy MX tracks.
How you like your suspension to feel = 80% enduro, 20% MX. Firm and steady so it can handle grass tests, landing from MX jumps and ledges, confidence at speed. Needs to handle whoops and G-outs, needs to handle big rocks and roots at slow speeds.
Fast or slow rider (be honest) = advanced beginner, intermediate in a year or two.