View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 05:56 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Dud View Post
Rod my wife just came down stairs wished me Happy New Years and said just what you said . I might want to rethink the gym since they are germ factories her exact words . Maybe it is not a great idea to go there with my system still messed up like it is ?
Exactly right! Too many times people go to the gym when they are deathly sick, thinking they just need to "sweat it out". Add that to the fact of dirty towels breeding bacteria and that sanitizer in the spray bottles they want you to wipe down the machines with, is usually nothing more than a generic "Fabreeze". Hotel gym's are the worse, as they seldom have proper ventilation and never get a good scrub down by housekeeping.

You are still healing dude so gve it time. Consult your doctor before you do anything, then consider using some light weight dumb bells, ankle weights and a small "step" (I use and old wooden ammo box) and come up with your own 20 minute workout there at home. I also keep a treadmill in my office. To stay motivated, play some riding / racing videos while you exercise and drink LOTS of water.