View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverhybrids View Post
does pic #4 have a higher float level then pic #3?
Jakobi is correct: The float is just "floating" in pix #3 to show the seam. If the float tab were bent and the resting position of the float actually resulted in the position of #3, then the float height would be higher than #4. Raising the float height, lowers the fuel level.

For me, I had to think through the fuel/float relationship several times before I went bending. With the carb upside-down and then with the float assembly upside-down in my hand away from the carb, I had to triple check that I was bending it the correct direction.

Feeling confident about achieving a "correct" height is further complicated because the perfectly straight seam is not visible along the float to readily fix an angular relationship to the carb body.
All that one has are round corners and vague lines made by light reflected off the float. In hindsight, I would have laid a straight reference line on the float with a carefully cut narrow strip of masking tape.

Last edited by andoman; 03-10-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Added note about taping a line on the float