View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
There are some small changes from year to year. The 2013 model has some porting changes in the cylinder but the bottom end should be the same as earlier models (at least 07+), but I can't confirm that an 05 will fit. If they're the same externally (inc engine mount) they should be good to go.
The 2 engines look identical. The '13 even has the cylinder head boss that is used on the '05 frame but is not connected to anything on the '13.

Quote:
135psi is low, but some testers capture the volume of the plumbing and the gauge too. The extra cc's here can skew the reading substantially.
I thought it was low. I know he sucked some dust at some point. The top ring definitely has excessive end gap.

Quote:
Those cases look rooted. How did this happen? Not a pretty sight by any means.
I honestly think a broken chain guide was the cause. He threw the chain and managed to break a couple teeth off of the front sprocket. The next ride his tranny let go. My guess it is all related.
I think the case can be salvaged. The crack in the bearing bore is minor. I know a great tig welder. And it would be easy to machine the bore after. That bearing sees very little torque.

Quote:
05+ workshop manual works just fine. Just disregard a few of the torque specs. Some will have you scratching your head.
Any specific torque's to watch for?