View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Site Sponsor

it isn't carb body. switched carbs and same no idle. it doesn't even putt putt die. when i shut the throttle rpm's just drop straight to zero. this makes me think it's spark related. i've done quite a few changes carburetion wise - and none had any effect at say under 2000 rpm.

even though they are 'identical' carbs, the bike runs better on the first carb...this carb sounds rich all over. kinda dull exhaust note, and almost like it's loading up. not snappy like the other carb with the same jets, float, bowl, slide, needle etc.

i've switched plugs several times. i'm outta fresh plugs now. i gotta get some more. on the ceramic - plugs are dark on one side, and white on the other - not running 'em long enough to get any kind of reading.

i'm starting to think this is maybe an electrical issue. maybe i jumped into the carb too soon - i though the warm weather was the problem - and maybe it's not. maybe the coil is weak, or something going on with the stator. i'm gonna swap them out tomorrow and see what happens..

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com

Last edited by stainlesscycle; 05-24-2011 at 05:13 PM.