View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 02:54 AM

i confirmed the battery is good today. i took it off the bike and tender last night and left it sit inside on my plastic tool box over night and went back to pacific power batteries to have it tested. it had 12.76 resting vdc and 150 cca with their testers. so i yanked the cam cover and checked the valves, and only 1 intake was a little tight. not sure since i don't have a proper mm feeler gauge. it has .152 and .127 mm leaves, and the .127 goes in, but the .152 doesn't, so that shouldn't be too far out on ONE valve to cause a hard start on a 4 valve one lung motor. so i then went through EVERY starter connection minus the key and start button connections and cleaned them including the battery ground on the engine and applying dielectric grease, and it still cranks slow, but the choke function seems to be a lot better since it seemed to be back firing through the throttle body. any suggestions as to what else to look at? could it be bad gas since i don't know exactly how old the gas is that's in the tank?