View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
If you have money to waste get the S3. They look GREAT Depending on your current squish, the gasket stack you use etc you may need to machine the S3 head and insert down to get the squish right. Then the other inserts are useless. I configured mine so that the high high compression insert and head brought my squish in tight and then had some material removed from the chamber to reduce the compression again to let the engine rev out. The net results are no better than having the stock head machined though, and ends up costing a heap more!

If you have your head machined and are unhappy with the results I'll swap you your machined head for my stock EC300 head (as long as you have someone who knows what they're doing do the work). Haha!

At the end of the day if someone does it properly all you are doing is blueprinting the head. Reducing manufacturing tolerances to the correct/smaller end of the spectrum. As a bonus you get better power, better fuel economy, and more stable combustion/jetting results over greater variances in elevation and temp.

If you want to buy my stock head you can too. Make an offer.
Thanks mate but I think I'll take your advice and just get the stock head machined. I'll probably get DMCCA from DBW to do the work. You and everyone else that have used him seem happy.