View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
I will not argue that point none of us want that happening and yes I know about the rules, the rmdra is also aloud out at McLean this year with there placard but I also suspect these are not just being used for trail maintenance either. There are so many points to talk about and essentially "argue" which I said I have no interest In doing in this thread but will leave to the rmdra meetings. I acknowledge your points and your concern.
They do abuse the cards. I know and am aware of this.

I don't agree with it and would like to bring it up once I become a member again. This will sound bad, but they do have a bit of a history saying one thing and doing another. I've come to accept that because MANY of these individuals spend 100's of hours in the bush working on trails. Those are often the ones who have these cards, however those cards allow up to 7 (I think) riders to come with them. Those other "helpers" often do very little for the group and trails.

I'll probably get slammed for saying this, but I know very few RMDRA members are on this forum. A handful at best.

The thing I will also say is this abuse of the system, including their "private" trails that many of them know about is being hypocritical and just giving reason for all the members and general public to do whatever they want. I know most of my friends have started to do this and many of their rides include these card holding RMDRA members. It is what it is I guess. Maybe it'll allow me to ride more trails and just risk the ticket when I start riding again.

What's that saying.. Oh yea. "Lead by example".