Thread: New Yamaha
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I think we all must be starving (jonesing) for something "earth shattering". My initial reaction is/was; I have had some 60 bikes now. 90% or better were dirt bikes; MX, Enduro, Trail bikes. Looking back, I probably had the most "fun" on an IT200. 200s teach you a lot. Don't snap back. And, you can ride the absolute dog stuffing out of and then put it away until the next time.

It was simply "fun" to ride. I think a rear slanted, fuel injected, electric started, down drafted, SSS sprung 250 4t in a basically 125 format would be one heck of a "fun" bike to ride. Earth shattering? What would that be? Mows your grass too? Granted. It probably wouldn't be my race bike of choice when I have a GG 300 available, or desert bike of choice or trials bike of choice for that matter. I need more ponies to haul my 220 pound arse around.

But, I find myself wanting one in the stable along side the others so I can go "shatter some earth".

Kudos to Yamaha for stepping up and offering more Offroad models. My guess is that there is more to come.