View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 11:46 AM

Default Engine Build Continues

New Mitaka Alloy basket with oem Suzuki Ring Gear installed.Thrust washer to the right.

This is the spacer with the two piece bearing in place. This spacer is a little different than a gasser, which has a thrust washer behind the basket and a spacer and bearing inside the basket. This suzuki spacer is really a combination thrust washer and spacer in one with a two piece bearing that fits onto the spacer. if you look closely at the photo you will see the bearing is a two piece design.

This is the main seal installed.If you look closely at the main seal you will see how the water pump bearing housing covers part of the main seal. You must install this main seal from the inside and before you install the main bearing. My Suzuki manual and my Clymer manual did not mention this procedure.

Back to the clutch.Basket mounted right up with thrust washer in place.

Nut and washer in place. New pushrod and ball.

New clutch pack installed with new oem springs.These clutches only have 5 fibers and 4 steels. On the later RMX models, these fiber plates interchange but the RMXs have 8 fibers and 7 steels.

Fitted the stator cover, new oem shifter and chain cover and oem case saver.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar

Last edited by Moto7man; 03-12-2019 at 12:22 PM. Reason: spelling