View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 08:48 AM

Default 2011 EC 300 Jetting/Carb Troubleshooting

38mm Carb, #7 slide, JD Blue needle, #4 Clip,170 Main, 38 Pilot (JD's Specs except 1 richer on the clip), manual choke installed, air screw set per JD guidelines, idle screw: (still trying to adjust correctly...when I got the bike it was screwed in to the stop).

I have owned this bike just a couple of months, very little seat time yet. Note that the jetting on the bike was "off" when we purchased it. It idled high and uneven. Upon inspection it had some goofy settings and based on past experiences, ordered up the JD Kit.

The bike seems to run good everywhere but at idle (No WFO tests). But the idle remains uneven; sometimes it will run a little high, but blip the throttle and it will rev down and die if I don't keep it running. Return to idle after a throttle blip is slower than I would expect. After a quick up and back on a straight-away (3rd-4th gear) at 1/4-1/2-3/4 (maybe) throttle, chop the throttle and come to a stop, it may keep idling high or it may rev down and die.

Scratching my head...feel like I'm missing something. Maybe gummed up air circuit? Maybe some mysterious air leak somewhere (actually found a slice in the old air filter and found that it had been haphazardly installed so I replaced it with a new one...the mating surface/shape does not give one a high degree of confidence when fitting!).

Any thoughts are appreciated.
GW