View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cook View Post
Until I went to the 42 pilot jet, I always had the throttle stop screw in too far in order to get my bike to idle (raised my slide and needle above the normal idle circuit positions), and it didn't idle well; none of them.

The 42 will give you a pilot jet rich enough for the other adjustments to work together for a desirable idle.
Update: So I did not have a 42 (amazing due to the amount of brass in my jet collection!), so I used a 40, took the JD Red needle back down to #3, up to the 175 main. Air Screw 1-1/2 out. MUCH better. I also blew things out pretty good with carb cleaner while I was in there just to be safe. Now just a bit of a bobble off idle, which I will try to tweak when it warms up again. Little more spooge at the pipe but honestly that doesn't bother me too much as long as I'm not fouling plugs. Rode 2-3 hours Sunday and never loaded up too bad. So thanks for the help!

What gearing are you woods riders running on your 300's? Not sure what counter sprocket tooth count is, but it has a 52 on the back. Still seems a bit of a beast in the tight stuff.