View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 05:40 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Yikes! THAT is a scary story. You can't make that stuff up.

Hmmmm. We see that someone placed the value of the company at "150 million plus." (I assume that's Euros.)

Someone is going to buy the platform? KTM may own the name "GasGas," but someone else will own the design, dies, building (?), etc., and that entity will support former and current machines?

In this age of "kickstarter," (pun is convenient), would the new owner consider crowdsourcing or kickstarting to secure funds to keep the marque alive by whatever name? I've seen weirder ideas, but the thought of being able to keep the bike i have and like for a few thousand dollars is more attractive to me than having to give up on my ride when it breaks and I can't get parts, and I have to buy a new bike.

How cool would it be for members of this forum to own a piece of the brand? I'd invest in this, especially if Mark were made CEO of the new entity. Maybe we help bankroll Mark to buy what's next.

The value of my GM stock vanished when GM went bankrupt, but I still have two pretty cool stock certificates (oddly, with pictures of locomotives instead of Cars, but GM did own Lectro-motive). (I worked there.) It would be cool to have my stock certificate framed and hanging in my shop.

Last edited by blitz11; 02-06-2020 at 05:40 PM. Reason: typo