View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

I had some reservations on the purchase but broke down in the end. And went with the GoPro wide and here's my thoughts on it.
Pros:
- You won't break the bank buying this little puppy.
- The camera comes with a waterproof housing, and lots of mounting brackets, 2 helmets and 3 flats with 3M tape that sticks to almost anything. It even has a huge suction cup if you dare mount it on your vehicle.
-For such a small camera (almost toy like) it does it's job well.
-I like the wide angle, It takes in a lot of the area you're riding and does not bounce around too bad like my other cameras or make you dizzy when watching it later.
-For not being HD it takes a half decent video.
-good color in the day, not so good in the shadows . Has many different functions and is fairly easy to use. It also can take a picture every 2-5 seconds. I like it.
Cons.
-You better buy lots of batteries (recommend lithium cuz alkaline won't cut it) Better yet, get some lithium rechargeables.
-The display screen is very small to read for us old timers.
-The camera's red LED lights are all but useless on the trail. Better just to leave it on and do some editing at home.
-Don't care for the sound quality.
-It should have a nylon lanyard as a safety line in case the thing does get ripped off while riding.

Bottom line is, it's a very affordable video camera that will take in some of your good times out on the trail.

Here's a short rip from Sunday, would have been longer but I just had some used batteries in it and it died right away.
Great ride and I got the bruises to prove it. Had a couple of good get offs that I wish I had on video.
XC300

07 TXT 280
77 TY175