View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 02:52 AM

Hi!

Checked the OEM Denso plug and it was quite black with some deposits on the top of the "anchor" (I don't remember the word..). Changed the plug to an NGK B8EG (has much smaller electrode than the Denso), put a 178 jet (one size smaller..) and adjusted the air screw to 2 turns out (it was at 2,5). Needle has been at the 2nd position. Bike runs even better and the WOT stumble is almost gone. Not 100% gone but close. Maybe it needs a bit more time to clear out. The filter needs a bit cleaning too... it's the next thing to fix.

Very soon I will change the silencer packing because the bike has been running rich for 2 months (for three rides I had the needle at 3rd pos and 185 jet... it was awful. The stumble was even at mid range rpms)... Maybe this helps too? What I like now is that even after minutes in tight woods the bike stays responsive and ready to rock whenever I open the throttle.

Ian you mentioned something about float height.. This 07 (and my old 98) is loosing petrol from the carb if I forget to close the petrol tap during a break. I heard that they are set up like this in order to be rich and to avoid seizures. Should I try to fix it? What is the correct height in mm and how do I adjust it?

Thank you all for the help!!

Leon