View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 07:40 PM

Default Tell me about 2002 ec200

I came across a 2002 gas gas 200 and have been doing some research but there really isnt a whole lot to find. It looks to be in good condition he is asking $2400CAD,it needs rubber but other than that looks sound.
I read a bunch on this forum and there are guys with the original top end with well over 100hours, is this the norm or just cases of guys getting golden bikes? Also it seems there are a few places in the states to get parts, so I am not too worried, but what about aftermarket parts?
Now the big one is how will I like it?
I rode hare scrambles for 5 years on a YZ250 which was fairly heavily modified. I sold it last summer as I no longer race but miss riding offroad a lot. I have a husqvarna 610sm that sees street duty.
I weight 160 no gear, and will maybe start doing some fun events and riding with some friends.
How will it do lugging me around, and will i be fingering the clutch and working my wrists like I was on my YZ or can I expect to tractor it around a bit?
Any advice would be great, I have looked at gasgas bikes in the past but never happened. Its something I would like to own to have a couple exotics in the stable.
If he will take 2000 for it I will make the 3 hour drive to go take it for a ride and check it out. It is winter here though so I wont be able to really get a feel other than if its mechanically sound
Thanks