View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 07:47 PM

The oil you use makes a different, oils with high ash such as Motul 800R and others tend to spooge more than say oils with less ash.

I have used Motul 800 for many years, I firmly believe that it is a great product for it's intended purpose-RACING with high RPM, heavy loads and high heat, mixed at the motorcycles MFR's recommended ratio. I have always had spooge using this oil, either trail riding or racing, it dosn't matter, it spooges. I would also say that my jetting is a little on the "fat" side, but, that is the way I like it. I'd rather be rich, than lean and burn a piston and cylinder....fame away if you want too...will not hurt my feelings one bit.

Now, I've used Motul 710 and it burns much,much cleaner with almost no spooge, same jetting, same ratio same everything. That being said, others on this board have also said the same thing between the 800 and 710. There is something different in the make up of the oil, if it is less ash, so be it, it will and does burn cleaner with less spooge.

The TCIIQ is a french fry oil trap, just like it's little sister TCII. I rebuild mine several times a year due to the "drip" It's a dirty job, no doudt. We just had this conversation this past Saturday about my buddies Berg TE250, it had a snail trail down the entire canister...he called his the french fry trap...

I would not change the ratio to try and make the spooge go away.

I'd keep the ratio at what ever the owners manual states.

If your really serious about making the "Q" drip go away, rejet, rejet and rejet again. Or, play with different oils and find one that works the best for YOU!

I am in the process of trying some of Rock Oil 2 stroke injector oil, which is much like the 710, but I was told, burns a little cleaner. I have a brand new TCII mounted up with fresh packing and we'll see.

That's my .02 for what it is worth...good, bad or ugly....
Good Luck and Happy Trails!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals