View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 08:01 PM

Ok my 2 cents and I've never been bias because I owned it. We had an 07 300xcw and an 08 xcwe. Now there are 3 GG in the stable. 06 200 ,06 300 , 08 300. The 07 KTM was a nice bike and chassis after we did suspension mods . It felt more narrow than the 08 KTM . The tank on the 08 KTM's are allot wider than the GG are. The motor on the 07 was very finicky on jetting ,never satisfied. The 08 stock motor was way easier to jet and was not fussy. The 06 GG 300 DE has the best motor I've ever been around. Very nice bottom and mid range. A little shy on top. The chassis on all 3 GG are hands down better and more confidence inspiring . KTMs have better quality fit to detail parts.
As far as "old school" on the GG. Perimeter frame still hasn't really made it to KTM. How about that "LINKAGE " humm ??? How about that 6 speed ??? GG brakes never need bled. KTMs all the time and I've had 7. 85,88,02,05,07,and 2 08's. The brakes always need bled after extended periods of storage.
More aftermarket accessories for KTM period. Mostly bling though. KTM will have to , not over heat easy,go to a 6spd, fix the suspension for us old guys before I look at them again. Until now we are very pleased with GG for what we do.High speed trail ride and my son occasional enduro race.JMHO