View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 08:19 PM

Default Went down hard - out for the year (pics)

Raced the 00 GG250 for the first time this year last weekend after practice, prep. work, etc. Was racing the 04 GG200, but wanted to give it a break as some sand races were coming up where more power would be nice.

The bike handled great, had a very good start and was riding in the top 5 most of the day until the last lap about 1 1/2 hrs in.

Then the bad.... Was coming up on a steep, tight down hill that i had no probs on all day. Came up on it 2 fast, chopped my rear brake to hard at the start of the down hill and it locked the rear. The bike was sliding out sideways so I let off to correct but by then was at the steepest, roughest part. The bike corrected but was to late as I sped down the hill at a very high speed.
Ended up flipping over the bars and the bike slammed on me like a fly swatter.
The result was a broken femur on my upper right leg It was quite a bit of pain as I laid on ground until marshals showed. I was on a helicopter about 1 hr later being pumped with morphine.

I am back home now and am starting to build back up, but I think I'll be off a bike for a while.