View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser View Post
It seems unlikely that it would jump time even without the woodruff key as long as the nut is tight. Jamming the rear brake without pulling in the clutch thereby bringing the motor to a sudden stop could possibly cause the timing to move but I'd look for something simpler first. Is the plug wet after you've cranked it for awhile? Does it sound like it tries to start? If the answer is no and no then you've probably got a fuel problem. If you know you're getting fuel to the carb it might be good to double check the main jet to see if it's blocked.
I've pulled the carb apart and checked all jets. But i haven't checked to see if the plug is wet after 10 or so kicks. I will tonight. I also haven't tried soaking the carb in carb cleaner.

In a similar post on another forum someone found that their spark plug was not getting wet. Someone suggested that they throw a bit of fuel in chamber and see if it fires up, which would show a fuel blockage. Is this a good idea? will that actually work?

The bike doesn't seem to try and start at all. Holding in the kill switch while kicking it over doesn't seem to change the number of times it turns over when i kick it either.

UPDATE:

Pulled the pipe off, no evidence of a seizure. Fuel sprays out the exhaust port if i kick it over numerous times, so there is obviously fuel getting to the chamber. If i kick the bike over a few times and then pull the plug out i find smoke in there so SOMETHING is getting ignited. Next check could possibly be for an air leak?

Last edited by Skele; 09-01-2009 at 03:41 AM.