View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 10:32 PM

Default My settings

Hey all,

I've just put my pipe back on after having ding blown out and reinstalled carby (after adjusting float height correctly) with:

Pilot Jet - 42
main jet - 178
Needle - N1EG
Clip position - 2
Temperature - 20c

With this setting (and with float height now set correctly) the bike did seem to run a bit better. It would idle for a few seconds and then stall. Power was ok but at full throttle, there was a little bit of hesitation.

I then came back to the garage to do my first needle change!
(I bought a CEK needle as CCK was not available and the only difference between the 2 is that the CEK is about 1.5mm longer in straight section)

So I installed the CEK at clip position 3 and went for another ride - just on the road as it's currently raining and havn't got time to go anywhere else.
I turned out the driveway in first gear, lifted the front wheel and went right through all the gears on the back wheel!!!!
Absolutely awesome - I can't believe how much of a difference it's made!

So my now current settings are:

Pilot Jet - 42
main jet - 178
Needle - CEK
Clip position - 3
Temperature - 20c-35c

As I said, i've only ridden up and down the road and will go for a better ride over the weekend to test it further but I'm very happy with it.

I'm thinking on the weekend i might put a 40 pilot jet in to see if it fixes the idle.

I'd like to thank everyone who has taken the time to post up their jetting settings as it's been so helpful for me to read about everyone elses experience.
I'd also like to especially thank Pobit (Dave) for his huge amount of information posted on jetting. I still want to try the N3EG as Dave says it's the best so I may do that after i've used the CEK a little bit first.