View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 09:09 AM

Thanks all for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Correct, none of these bikes are made now. But that shouldn't keep you off buying them (at least not the EC250F). While I don't know the Cami (I have never seen one here in my part of the world), the EC250F is, for all practical purposes, a standard Yamaha engine in a standard Gasgas chassis. Getting parts for either should be no problem. Gasgas did change some small details around the Yamaha engine (adding a hydraulic clutch and removing the dry sump oil tank), but that shouldn't make any problems parts-wise.
In your case, I would go with the 250F.
I don?t think that there are many Cami?s in the UK either (just 68 according to the ?how many left? website). I?ve done a bit more research on the Cami and it seems that the shock is a ?R16V? (made by Olle) and used in an assortment of trials bikes including GasGas and Sherco?s. Interesting the shock is also used on a Beta XTrainer. I find it shocking (if you excuse the pun) that a bike that sells for 5500GBP uses the suspension from a trials bike.

The EC250F started to look like a much better proposition, until I looked up and found that there were only circa. 15 sold in the UK! So Im now back to the point where I have concerns over the availability of parts and the ability to resale etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser View Post
The KTM Freeride is a weird apple I.M.H.O. The bike is very tall relative to its length(due to way too much ground clearence), no engine power valve, and way too expensive. The Beta Xtrainer is a much better all around bike for most trail riders (freeride is closer to a trials bike).
Having sat on one (abet not ridden one), I wouldn?t say that they are like a ? modern ? trials bike, but I get where your coming from as they are somewhat different in comparison to other green laners on the market. I?m still to decide if they are too expensive or it is the case that other modern greenlaners i.e. Cami, EC250F, XTrainer etc are cheaper because they depreciate too quickly!