View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 05:25 AM

Default 2019 EC300 parts compatibility

Hi;

So I just bought a 2018(19 model year with the different powervalve adjustment) EC300 with about 130 hours on it (the trip computer shows 105, but the seller claims it was changed out about 30 hours in).

It supposedly also has a new-ish piston - but you all know how that goes.

The bike as a rattling noise at iddle, that I hopped was the common power valve preload issue, since the bike didn't like to get into the pipe consistently.

However, the powervalve is the newer system that you can set the preload from outside the clutch cover. After cleaning out the powervalve, which was absolutely caked in hard carbon that not even the ultrasonic cleaner could touch, the noise was still there.

There's a bit of a ring ridge in the cylinder and I can fit a 0.25mm feeler gauge between the top of the piston and the cylinder itself. I'm waiting on a dial bore gauge to get a proper measurement, but I'm guessing the cylinder is pretty much done

Now to the actual question. Does anyone know if the 2017 cylinder will fit the 2019 bike? I can get the whole cylinder/piston/lid kit for about 500?.