Thread: ring gap specs
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Banned

dave 948. take it easy buddy .My statement about Taiwan was more to press a point rather than insult, so if you took it the wrong way, sorry. I think your missing the point of my rant and if you read my thread you will see that I agree that you should check your tolerences and we are on the same page in that regard, and I respect you for you professional approch , by all means. My point is, Ive seen quality control diminish since manufacturers and companies started outsourcing and that list includes everthing from piston rings, melamine tainted food products, xlarge shin pads with straps that are to short to go around your calf, all the way to call cntrs in far away places, it goes on and on . Blogging ?I do agree that I'm guilty of inciting a hearty reponse out of you, and others at times, to provoke thought and discussion, fact is but its been kinda of dull and quite around this site recently, how many how do I jet my bike threads or , gee Whally what do you suppose the Beaver mixes his oil at,do we really need?. On your point of luck coming into it I agree with you and I personally dont leave luck to chance but I have seen alot more engines being squeeked as of recent and do believe thats because guys became comfortable with being able to succesfully repace a top end without checking the tolerences and that has somehow changed and I put that down to a degradation in quality control which is now catching up to the sloppy work practices.I cant speak for the marine industry as I have no experiance and I only speak from my own experiance. As a final thought judging by your choice of language it would be great to see you direct some of your passion towards the polititions that have deceaved us into the whole idea of n.a.f.t.a. and such, dont shoot me I'm just the messenger.