View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:15 AM

Everybody that owns a GasGas (and even casual passers-by) has been clocked by the sidestand at least once ... usually good solid metal-to-bone contact.

My downfall is lacerations ... and I mean "fall down" downfall! The sight of my own blood, or a good needle puts me out like a light.

I was putting slots in a Yamaha sidepanel one time so that I'd have somewhere to lift the bike by. Turns out that utility knife blades travel much faster once they've broken through the plastic, and the force I was putting on the handle meant my thigh was no match for it. Luckily the gash was clean and only a couple inches long (and about an inch deep), and that I was able to make it to the floor before I passed out. My wife was out of town at the time, but she asked me about it a couple weeks later when I was suiting up for a race

Same leg, about ten years later ... broke the end off of a footpeg in a rut, so when I stuck my leg out it took a bite out of the back of my calf. I thought it was odd that my leg felt cold on a warm day, but I did notice the end of the footpeg sticking out so I pounded it back with my heal ... lest I hurt myself in the middle of a race The adrenaline kept me going and enough blood leaked out to flush the wound, but I was bummed that I had ripped my pants
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters