Thread: VIN Decoder
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 02:18 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi73 View Post
I have just bought a Gasgas EC300 and I am struggeling to figure out the model year from the VIN code: VTRFS30A0P0520014

I was told that this is a 2013 model, but I am not sure. Can anyone help me out with decoding this?

/Anders
Hi Anders,
I am more comfortable with the VIN of the older bikes, but I can tell you that the VIN starting with VTRFS is a 4-stroke VIN.
Having said that, I can also say that starting in 2002, GasGas designated the year model by the letter used for the 10th digit. 2002 was the "C" year.
What I don't know, was if GasGas skipped any letters as it worked it's way through the alphabet, or not.
If they didn't skip any letters through the years (someone else with better knowledge of the subject will have to chime in here for us to be sure), then the "P" (tenth digit) in your VIN would designate a 2015. If they skipped one letter in their designations, then the "P" would indicate a 2014; and if they skipped two letters, the "P" would be a 2013.

The numbers at the end of your VIN designate the run number of the bike. (It's order in manufacture of that model for that year.)

I know it doesn't help you much, but I just got back around a computer after a couple of days away, and haven't had time to do any further research. I will chime in when I find out more solid info.

I would love to have a GasGas chassis with a Yamaha 300cc 4-stroke engine. That is one great combination.

Good Riding!
Jim

'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/