Thread: VIN Decoder
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cook View Post
You have a '99 US only model; one of the early ones. It started off as a 250. The XC frame had no steering head lock. That was the only difference between it and the regular EC frame.
The rest of the differences of the XC were the absence of a lot of the street legal gear and part of the wiring and switches. They came with the smaller ignition with the 35 watt lighting coil.

What can we help you with?
Thank you, Jim.

Basically whoever had it removed the kickstand but I think the bracket is still there. I am wanting to pick up an older enduro bike to test out some real nasty rocks and hill climbs. In other words, something I won't worry about if it gets kinda wrecked. But I do mainly slow riding. And want soft suspension. I would prefer a 300 but this is what I have located kinda cheap. I am basically wanting to know if this bike is tuned as Enduro (for example a XC-W) or is this more cross country (example KTM XC).

I'm trying to see if it is what I want or sorta what I want. I'm already sacrificing on the 300 to 250 but if it isn't a true enduro and is more cross country I may not get it as I have to put a kickstand, headlight and handguards on it and again looking somewhat of a beater.

Thanks!