Thread: VIN Decoder
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 10:28 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout111 View Post
Thank you, Jim.

Basically whoever had it removed the kickstand but I think the bracket is still there. I am wanting to pick up an older enduro bike to test out some real nasty rocks and hill climbs. In other words, something I won't worry about if it gets kinda wrecked. But I do mainly slow riding. And want soft suspension. I would prefer a 300 but this is what I have located kinda cheap. I am basically wanting to know if this bike is tuned as Enduro (for example a XC-W) or is this more cross country (example KTM XC).

I'm trying to see if it is what I want or sorta what I want. I'm already sacrificing on the 300 to 250 but if it isn't a true enduro and is more cross country I may not get it as I have to put a kickstand, headlight and handguards on it and again looking somewhat of a beater.

Thanks!
The stock 250 and the stock 300 engines produce almost identical peak hp. The difference is in low end torque, but the GasGas 250 still has really good low end torque. It's just that the old 300 is a "stump puller" in stock form.
I have had no problems running either one in rugged single track climbs.

The bike was designed to be exactly what you are looking for. Gas Gas bikes have always been in their true element when the going gets gnarly.
I've been riding them for 21 years now; the first 13 years as a serious enduro and hare scrambles competitor.

Although the stock power is sweet, power delivery is easily tuned for your preferences with various items like intake spacers, exhaust pipe and silencer choice, oversized powervalve covers, flywheel weight addition, and jetting.
A G2 adjustable throttle is always useful to me. (I like a slow turn throttle.)

The stock lighting coil will power lights, etc.
A 300 jug, head, and piston will bolt on the bike with no modification. They are not hard to find.

The kickstand bracket is the hard part to find, used. The rest of the kickstand is easy to find used.

What would make it or break it with this bike for me would be the condition, and how much I would need to spend to make it right for me.

If you get the bike, send me a message, and we can talk about what you wish to change, or achieve with the bike. I'll be happy to help you in any way that I can.

Good Riding!
Jim

'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/