Thread: Red or blue?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDoz View Post
I voted blue in the poll , but get a red one .

Like it has been said earlier, nobody seems to confuse them with a Honda...
I agree. My newer blue Gassers were often confused with Yamahas.

Back when the red was sort of pink, I would always change the plastic to blue, or black and white. Later, when the newer deep red came out (2001), I really noticed that the red looked better longer than the blue.

After I got my first red DE250 ('05), the red bike with stock graphics was so pretty that I pretty much got hooked on the look.
When I got my '05 DE300, and the '06 DE300, they both quickly looked like a stock DE250. (I have a complete set of stock '06 200 plastics with graphics waiting, if I decide I want to change colors for a while, as well as a spare set of stock red '06 250 plastics with graphics just waiting for when these get too grubby looking. I have not broken any of the original plastics, yet.)

I attached a photo of my '06 300 (and Joshua's '99 250) that was taken a couple of weeks ago, during the lunch break while we were working trail for the upcoming Bear Creek hare scramble (AHSCS on March 16th). It isn't particularly cleaned up for the photo, but is in "middle of a ride" condition.
If it shows as a thumbnail, just click on it to enlarge the photo.

Good Riding to You!

Jim

Attached Images
File Type: jpg BBsize Jim DE300 n Joshs MC250.jpg (56.1 KB, 42 views)
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/

Last edited by Jim Cook; 02-11-2008 at 11:50 AM.