View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 06:05 PM

d2w, 50s are for kids starting out. Sort of the trials version of a pw50. Not for serious trials. The 80 is a big market for the 8-13 yo. Serious stuff. Big seller in the UK & Spain. The 125 is the mandated capacity for competition for up to 18 yo (Why? I don't know because some places 15 yo can race 450 MX bikes). But a very capable bike. I'd have no hesitation riding one in competition and I'm sort of between intermediate and expert level.

The 200 is a sort of in between capacity. Not legal for kids and arguably too small for adults. Nonetheless it's a popular capacity for adults in competition. Do not under-estimate them. The 250 is Gassers best selling trials bike. Great bike for everybody from novice thru' to expert. Why in gods name the 280 still exists in Gassers line up I don't know. Relatively difficult to ride it doesn't really fit anywhere. The 300 is quite docile (unless it's a Raga in which case it's a fire breathing monster) but deceptively powerful. It can get you into trouble as quickly as it can get you out. Really only for an intermediate to expert level rider.

For a bike to share, I'd suggest the 200. But try the 125 & 250 too.

Thanks Roosta. As I said I've long since lost my objectivity.

'06 Raga Rep

(hopefully '08 EC200 & '10 TXT Pro 250 soon)