View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 12:29 PM

Default Fuel Efficiency? Wild 300 hp..

Wild 300 hp:

Whenever I talk about this subject with people their answer is "cuz 2-smoke". I haven't really had a good idea of how far or how long a tank would last because I never really pushed it but went to Glamis this last weekend and did a relatively mild trip no bowls just straight dirt to the diner from camp and my uncle said it was ~30 miles each way.

Had him bring an extra gallon in his buggy and added it when we got there. I was just under half a tank when I added. Made it back to camp but probably 2 miles or so before camp had to go into reserve so i'd say had maybe 1/4 to half gallon to spare... Trip was 3 hours of riding total with fairly consistent throttle other than playing some on the way back.

What are others experiences with gas usage? I've only owned this thing for a year and it's been a great bike. Probably going to tear it down this summer clean it and do the top.

I only ask because i'm the weak link in my group. My cousin has a trx450r and used 2.5 gallons to my 5.5ish... I hate being the reason we have to come in or not do something. Wondering what I should expect of my fuel consumption.