View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 07:48 AM

Default STR bleeders for 2011 Sachs forks . . .

Edit: This is for my 2011 Sachs forks, which I understand have different size bleed holes (5mm .80 pitch) from previous years (3mm?).

To update I got a set of the STR bleeders. They thread in fine as expected, but you have to move the installed o-ring on the bleeder to the lowest position just above the threads to make use of it.

Before receiving them I suspected there would an issue with the large diameter counter-bore in the fork cap. The bore is a few mm wider than the body of the bleeder, so I knew I was going to end up with a little well to catch dirt and sand. It's easy enough to blow out with the air gun if I ever wanted to remove the bleeders, but I wanted something to seal them up and keep it out. O-rings didn't seem to be an option, so I bought a couple wellnuts with the appropriate size ID and cut the flange off to use as a gasket. That seemed to work pretty good.

The bleeders have a nice low profile, even though maybe not as low as the intended fork bore (Showa or KYB?). As you can see they only stick up a few mm above the fork cap head. I may be able to come up with something better later, but until then I think this setup is going to work fine.

Last edited by mrkartoom; 03-28-2011 at 02:07 PM.