View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 10:59 AM

Anybody else measured their shocks? If there is only 2mm difference between the shock length, it must be enough make the bikes back end travelling much higher??? 2007 was the first year when there was sachs shocks on the GG, right? If that is right what GMP says, then every GG sachs shock must be shorter than '06 and earlier öhlins shock but as I say, mine '08 sachs shock and '06 öhlins shock are same length.

What is make me more confused is that I've been struggle a long time to get my suspension work right for me (EC300 '08) but the valving and the set up which was fine for my EC300 '06 won't work at all on this bike.
With the '08 bike there is feeling that the front end is much lower compared the back end than '06 bike. I've been try the stiffer springs in the forks and the less preload on the shock but still there is a feeling that the front end is travelling too deep on the stroke and front is over steering on the tight turns and I can't get it smooth for the rocks and roots. Any ideas? Do I have wrong shocks to the bike or is there some difference on the frames between '06 and '08?