Thread: Wtf???
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

I think its just the weather.. Theres been a few negative posts and a few issues with parts delays/costs associated with the newer models. Things the factory should be onto, and hopefully will be. From my perspective they have always worked towards improving the product they have and what I see as the cause for Glenns thoughts, are that the issues in question (poor subframe design, and shoddy waterpump impellors) are issues that were resolved and are now reoccurring. Its a step backwards, as is this whole sealed main bearing setup. These all result in major repair bills when they let go and wipe out much more than whats acceptable. Couple that up with some other small things like the large tolerances in head clearance and powervalve setup and you can start to see where improvements could easily be made. We can pick flaws with every brand of bike though, and in general the discussion over here is unlike any other forum I have been to. I love that you can ask a technical question and get a technical reply or several without any clowns chiming in with shallow unrelated replies. Everyone here is down to earth and only wants whats best for the brand, regardless of if what we're discussing is positive, or in the case of late, negative. Its a top source of information, and we're lucky enough to be backed by such good businesses, dealers, and importers who are always willing to help out where they can. I'll be keeping my gasser for a few more years yet. I've had as good a run out of it as I have any other bike. I love the way it rides. I also hope the factory reads some of this and brings better things for 2014-15.

/end epic rant