View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 08:18 PM

Default '05 FSE 450 died,,,,,,,,

Hi guys, a couple weeks ago it shut off when I went to take off. Fired right back up. No issues until a couple days ago. Pulled up to a stop and she shut off. Fired right back up. I did not stall her, she just shut off.

Ok, so today we go for a ride. Went about 2 miles through tight woods. Got on dirt road was running about 40 and she just shut off. Dead, would not fire back up.

Got home, still not starting. So I pulled the plug, nice color, dry, looked "fine". I replaced it with all we had... a CR8EB....I had been running a CR8E. She fired right up although she seemed to miss at the very top. It is possible I was just banging the rev. limiter.....she's always been quick to do that.

So, what do you guys think? What about the "B" on the plug type?

It was too late to go for another ride but she seems "normal". Should I replace the plug w/o one with the "B"?

Thanks, guys!
Ed

EDIT***** I did download a bunch of NGK stuff trying to find the answer to the difference in the plugs but could not make sense of it!

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged
Search for the wife's new bike has ended, lowered the 450 and 300....she's got a choice now! We're good!

Last edited by houndog; 11-10-2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: more info!