View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 02:22 AM

Default GAS GAS SM 250 2002 - Lights Wiring Issue Help

Hi All,

Im having a nightmare with the wiring on my bike and i was hoping for a bit of guidance on sorting the issue out.

History - When i got the bike it only had the front headlight (standard) on and aftermarket rear tail light. I put a standard rear tail light on and wanted to put indicators back on which i did. It all worked on initial start up 15 minutes into a ride the indicators would stop working, and lights would work intermittently .......??

I have since changed the lighting, horn, kill, indicator switchgear , as i thought this could be the issue (perhaps i have wired this wrong)

I decided to investigate so i traced the yellow and white cable from the stator and disconnected the yellow cable at the first opportunity and (for testing purposes i hooked up a 12V DC battery positive to the yellow negative to frame, the rear light came on and i saw a flash of power to the aftermarket vapor trail tech speedo and the parking light came on. Then everything went dead and i could not get any power to anything else....have i destroyed my electrics?

I'm in a bit of a mess, would anyone be able to give me some logical guidance on what to do next?