Thread: Please Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
It is difficult to see from your photo. If it is Marzochi, it will be 45mm diameter (the inner, lower legs). The Sachs will be 48mm. There is also a 48mm Marzocchi, but that wasn't used in 2011 (apart from the replica bikes) if memory serves me right.
The 48mm PFP Marzocchi forks did come on the '11 bikes. Mine came factory with them.

In the pic it looks like the 48 Zokes but would need to see a pic of the top adjusters for me to be sure.

Quote:
I don't think there is any difference in flywheels in 2011, apart from the bikes with electric start that had a gear wheel mounted to the flywheel. They all produce the same voltage / power.
I'm not sure either.

OP, it's easy to tell by where the wiring comes out of the flywheel cover which stator/flywheel you have. Roughly 10 o'clock position is the smaller stator, if it comes out at the 2 o'clock position (at the bump in the cover) it is the larger stator. From the pic you posted it looks like the larger one.

Quote:
I have no comment on the colour / type of head. It looks quite standard to me. One thing you can consider (after you buy it), is measuring the squish, and modify the head (if needed) to get the squish ccorrect. There are some threads on this forum about this. Quite a simple job for an engineer with a lathe.
Same. That head looks exactly the same as my '11. I know on some earlier bikes they had a darker look to them.

Quote:
It all depends completely on the use in those 300 hours. I just opened up my own EC200. There, the cylinder is still very nice after 320 hours. I replace the piston each 100 hours or so.
I completely agree.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220